An example of fusion cuisine at its finest, this dish is a take on a Mexican favorite that incorporates familiar Asian flavors and spice, and delicious and tender tuna.
Recipe – Yellowfin Tuna Tostada
- 2 Tbsp. miso paste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
1. Mix both ingredients thoroughly.
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. ginger, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
1. Puree all ingredients together.
- 1 lb. yellowfin tuna, diced
- 16 wonton skins, fried (4 per serving)
- 1 cup miso aioli
- 1 cup Sriracha vinaigrette
- 1 cup radish, sliced
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add salt and pepper to the diced tuna, then mix with most of the Sriracha vinaigrette and let marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Pan-fry the wonton skins, and lay them out on a plate with a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
3. Mix sliced radish with leftover Sriracha vinaigrette and a little miso aioli to make a radish slaw.
1. Place a 1-ounce scoop of marinated tuna on each wonton, and dress with miso aioli.
2. Top with radish slaw, and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds to finish.
3. Garnish with chopped herbs and serve.