- When the bite is slow try using smaller pieces of cut bait and smaller hooks.
- Use the bigger shrimp, grilling size, at times I have to buy double the bait just to get enough of the size I want.
- When fishing guts use your trolling motor to look for mud puffs, that is where the fish are, setup to cast at your maximum distance to that area.
- Remember structure, the fish are sometimes in the middle however the edges like grass, shell, drops are what the fish orient themselves to.
- If the bite is soft try peeling the Shrimp, I know, I have to really like you to peel Shrimp or pistachios for you!
- If the fish aren't taking the bait good let them run with it before they feel the line pressure, drop the rod tip to them.
- If frozen shrimp is not working use live shrimp, squeeze the head off, I mean squeeze not break, you want all the guts and legs left on them.
- If two guide boats are next to each other at a certain distance, it is usually for a reason ask permission before getting between them, they'll be glad to help you out.