Jake Jordan is looking to fill a spot in the Sailfish Fly Challenge this January in Guatemala at the beautiful Casa Vieja lodge. If any of you woudl like to join world-class captains and anglers on the trip of a lifetime, you’re in luck because there’s two spots available for readers of Fly Fishing in Salt Waters.
Check out Jake’s announcement below regarding logistics and costs…
As of today the third annual “Jake Jordan Sailfish Fly Challenge” Tournament, which will be held at the world class “Casa Vieja Lodge” in Guatemala on January 10, 11, 12, 2012, has 8 teams entered it this world class fly fishing tournament. The team anglers, Boats which they are fishing aboard, and the Captains are listed below. Two teams who had previously reserved entry have decided to not fish, which means that there is room for 2 more teams to enter due to the limit of 10 teams allowable in this event.
The Casa Vieja Lodge vessel “Spindrift” with great local captain, “Nicho Alavarenga” is available, and the last spot will require someone with a private boat or we will help you find a local charter boat. We are getting close so if you think that you would like to compete against the best Billfish Fly Anglers in the world, give Jake a call and reserve your spot.
Jake Jordan’s Fishing Adventures
Third Annual “Jake Jordan Invitational, Sailfish Fly, Challenge 2012
Team Anglers Boat Captain
(1) Tony Weaver & Lucien LaFond Intensity Mike Sheeder
(2) Don Butler & Danny Cline Rum Line Chris Sheeder
(3) Nick Smith & Mike Smith Old Reliable Chip Schaffer
(4) Joe O’Brien & Scott Lund Decisive Brad Phillips
(5) Nat Harris & Nassim Jaquin Release Chico Alvarenga
(6) Dave Wands & Roger Harper Captain Hook Ron Hamlin
(7) Greg Kluh & Clayt Pollock A-Finity Juanga Lopez
(8) Jack Callion & Paul McGarvie Makaira Jason Brice
(9) Available Spindrift Nicho Alavarenga
(10) Available for private boat ?
Please mark your calendar to attend the third annual “Jake Jordan, Invitational, Sailfish Fly Challenge” to be held at the world class “Casa Vieja Lodge” in Puerto San Jose, Guatemala. Fishing will be on January 10, 11, 12, 2012, with January 9 available for those who want to have a practice day. IGFA rules will apply with 20 pound class tippet supplied by the tournament Committee.
All of the Casa Vieja Lodge fleet vessels and captains are available on a first come basis, there will also be other vessels from the Guatemalan fleet competing for the trophy’s in this team competition. This will be a team fly fishing for Billfish tournament, each team will be comprised of 2 anglers. There will be awards for the first and second high point angler, the top three crews, along with the second and third place team and The Overall Team Tournament Champion!
We have 8 teams registered to fish in the tournament with several more vessels still available to choose from. This invitational tournament is limited so 10 teams will participate in this world class event. THE COST TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT IS: $4,250.00 PER PERSON WITH THE TOTAL TEAM COST AT : $ 8,500.00 The extra practice day cost is $2,900 per Team
Tournament Package will include:
- All ground transfers between Guatemala City, Casa Vieja Lodge and Marina Pez Vela
- 4 nights at the Casa Vieja Lodge
- 3 full days of fishing aboard Casa Vieja fleet boats
- All Flies and tackle
- Beer, soda and lunches on the boat
- Breakfast and dinner daily at the Casa Vieja Lodge
- Open bar at Captain and Anglers meeting (kick off) and at awards Banquet(Local liquors and beer)
- Hor d’oeuves
- Kick-off and Awards Banquet
- Lots of great awards with Tournament shirts and Hats!
NOT INCLUDED: Gratuity for Captain and Mates, Gratuity for Lodge staff, or Transportation from your home to and from Guatemala City airport.