This simple preparation relies on the strength of the rich, flavorful swordfish complemented by the texture and moisture-holding properties of the grape leaves in which it’s wrapped for cooking.
The tang of the yogurt combined with the aromatic cumin and dill offer a great condiment accompaniment.
Swordfish in Grape Leaves with Cumin Yogurt
- 4 6 oz. swordfish fillets
- 1 jar grape leaves (available in grocery stores)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Lay out grape leaves and trim stems to make a nice package with about three grape leaves per fillet. Fully wrap each swordfish portion snugly in the grape leaves. 2. Place packets on the grill to create nice brown grill marks on both sides of the wrapped fish. 3. Finish cooking in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dill, chopped
1. In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Then fold in dill and cucumber, and chill before serving. 2. Plate wrapped swordfish, and top with cumin yogurt and a drizzle of good olive oil. Serve with a rice pilaf dish of your choice.