HOW IT WORKS
1. Compile your best shots of billfish on fly. It can be sailfish, marlin, any billfish works.
2. Send the photos to us at [email protected]. Give some background information on the photos, especially if there’s a good story behind them. Have the subject line of the email read: March Billfish Photo Contest.
3. If you are having problems with submissions, contact us on Facebook or email us at [email protected].
4. Please have a high-resolution (original) version of your photo available in case you win. Photos do not have to be high-res to submit to us, but we may ask for the high-resolution version if the photo were to appear in print.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
1. In the middle of March, staffers at Fly Fishing in Salt Waters will pick the top winner. That lucky photographer will win a prize package including Fly Fishing in Salt Waters hat and thermos, the book Fly-Fishing Odyssey: The Pursuit of Great Game Fish by Jon. B Cave, a one-year subscription to Fly Fishing in Salt Waters,and a hard-head popper fly for blue water pelagics. Hal Chittum uses these tube popper-style flies when casting to blue marlin and other billfish.
2. Two runner-up photos will also be chosen, and these winners will also receive a one-year subscription to Fly Fishing in Salt Waters.
3. The winner may also get a chance to see their photo featured in Fly Fishing in Salt Waters (space permitting).
4. The submission period will end March 22, 2013 First place and runner-up photos will be chosen by the Fly Fishing in Salt Waters editorial staff.