Advertisement

Castnet Caddy

September 21, 2007
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on email
castnet_caddy.jpg

My castnet not only makes a mess and marks up my deck, handling the baitfish removes their protective slime coat. I found a simple solution to all these problems. I got a 30-or 55-gallon plastic drum that once held liquid soap (find one at a restaurant or hospital) and sawed off the bottom, leaving a 6″ high rim. I took the bottom piece and sanded the top edges smooth to prevent the net from snagging, as well as to protect the crew from getting plastic splinters. Then I cut 4 rubber squares from an old tire and attached them to the bottom of the tray with rubber cement to prevent it from slipping. Now I dump my net into the tray – which is much larger and easier to hit than a 5-gallon bucket – and dump the bait into the bait well.

—James Burch, Durham, North Carolina

Advertisement

More Uncategorized

Advertisement