While the end of the summer means the start of the academic school year, it also marks the beginning the new and exciting season of college football! Will 'Bama retain the title? Or will another school, like Auburn, Louisiana State, Texas or even Boise State, knock the Tide off and become new champions?
The Billfish Foundation (TBF) believes that the battle for a national title should go beyond one semester, not confined to a 100-yard field, and be open to all academic institutions. TBF's Collegiate Billfish National Championship (CBNC) will be fought on the waters around the world, will allow you to run as far as you like and includes all academic four-year colleges. Current college students and former alumni can work together to accumulate points in the CBNC and prove which university has the best anglers. Does your university or college have what it takes to be national champions of the billfishing world? If so, start your engines, grab your rods and get on board with TBF to prove which alma mater's banner will win this national championship!
WHAT YOU WIN:
* TBF custom National Championship certificates
* TBF's custom CBNC jackets
* Representatives from the winning team will be presented the CBNC's perpetual trophy to be held for one year
* Recognition at TBF's October Dinner during the Ft. Lauderdale Boat show
* The CBNC Series kicks off over each official Labor Day weekend; this year's competition begins on September 3rd, and will conclude on August 31, 2011
* Only tagged billfish qualify
* Each angler must INCLUDE on EACH TAG CARD (or with a transmittal letter) the name of the school in whose honor he or she is fishing.
* Current students, Alumni and fans who are active TBF members can participate
o To make sure you are an active TBF member, please contact Deborah Cummings via email or at 954-938-0150 x 106.
o To join or renew your TBF membership online, please click here.
Points will be awarded to specific species of billfish
* 100 points for Sailfish
* 250 points for Striped and White Marlin
* 500 points for Black and Blue Marlin
TBF recognizes the passion many anglers have for their alma mater during college football season and for fishing. The CBNC is the combination of both, to allow anglers to show their fishing prowess, help TBF collect vital billfish data and most exciting of all, be recognized as national champions! So before your next fishing trip, make sure you sign up for TBF's new College Billfish National Championship for a chance to claim that best anglers come from your alma mater.
Ready to compete in the CBNC?
Please fill out the sign-up form by clicking here. If you have any questions, please email Peter or Elliott or call us at 954-938-0150, ext. 107 or 101.