ISE San Mateo introduces Discover Fly Fishing Center, sponsored by the American Fly Fishing Trade Association
Fly-fishing has had a long tradition at ISE San Mateo. The fly-fishing and boat categories were the first and largest offerings more than 30 years ago. Times, the industry, market and the show have all changed.
Now, in a coordinated effort of the industry and ISE, San Mateo offers several special features that have these primary goals:
1. Bring more factory displays and products for sale than in many years
2. Provide several special features at which newcomers and beginners-of any age-can try out and learn about the sport in a friendly, fun setting from folks who are practiced and patient teachers.
3. Offer long-timers their own special space to gather and share their passion for fly fishing.
To accomplish these goals, Fiesta Hall features:
- More factories, including: Sage, Simms, G Loomis, Scott, St. Croix, Scientific Anglers, Temple Fork Outfitters
- More products for sale from more shops, including: California Fly Shop, Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters, American Fly Fishing, and Fly Fishing Specialties
- Dedicated casting pond for product try-outs only
- Discover Fly Fishing booth. Led by expert instructor David Phares, this booth is the first step for anybody interested in the sport. Stop by to just chat, or for casting lessons, free giveaways, and the chance to win a fishing trip to Mexico, provided by Frontiers International, one of the industry's premier fly-fishing travel companies
- Umpqua Fly Fishing Learning Center presents several stations and activities, including: insect identification, knot tying, fly tying, and casting. The area is hosted by the Northern California Council Federation of Fly Fishers
- Daily free Spey-casting lessons by pro instructor Jeff Putnam
- Largest-ever lineup of new seminar topics and presenters
- Special guest Tom Rosenbauer has written several Orvis fly-fishing guides and is one of world's most knowledgeable people about the sport
- Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters' Author's Book-Signing booth
- "Drift" movie premiere on Friday night, presented by California Trout, hosted by Jim Klug, producer, and Brian O'Keefe, who was featured in one segment
When: January 8-11, 2009
Where: San Mateo County Event Center
Hours: 11a-7p Thurs & Fri; 10a-7p Sat; 10a-5p Sun
Tickets, Exhibitor List, Seminar Schedules, More info: www.SportsExpos.com